The by-election campaign in Vieux-Rosemont has started. Projet Montréal members have entrusted Érika Duchesne, an active party member in Rosemont and the party treasurer, to represent them in this election. On April 29th, vote Érika Duchesne!
An active Projet Montréal member for several years, Érika Duchesne is a translator and mother of a 14 year-old who has been living in Rosemont for many years. She is also well involved in her community, as chairperson of the board of her daughter’s daycare centre, and on her school’s PTA. More recently, Érika Duchesne has been active with the Red Cross, helping people who have gone through emergency situations. Érika is running for City Councillor for the Vieux-Rosemont district.
For Projet Montréal, municipal politics goes far beyond repairing potholes and fixing up streets. In addition to this must-do, we see Vieux-Rosemont as its citizens see it:
A neighbourhood where parks are more than just green spaces, thanks to:
- Safe play areas;
- Improved dog park facilities;
- Complete refection of the Pelican park clubhouse.
A neighbourhood where you can get around safely on foot or by bike, thanks to:
- Prioritized sidewalk snow removal;
- A new bicycle path on 1st Avenue;
- A redesigned Masson – d’Iberville intersection with improved safety;
- The expansion of the Route verte bicycle path under the Masson overpass.
A neighbourhood that remains car-friendly, thanks to:
- Street repair;
- Increased times on parking meters;
- Parking meter fees at $1 per hour.
A neighbourhood that puts the environment first, thanks to:
- Implantation of green alleys;
- An expanded curbside composting program.
A neighbourhood where employment sectors are at the heart of economic development, through:
- An ambitious plan to revitalise the Espace affaires Rosemont area, located north of Masson between d’Iberville and de Lorimier.
On April 29th, let’s vote!
By voting for Érika Duchesne, you will vote for…
- A city councillor who will be present for her fellow citizens;
- An elected official who will act as an ambassador for Vieux-Rosemont, at both City and Borough councils;
- A team of elected officials who put forth ambitious and innovative projects for our neighbourhoods;
- A political party that promotes a different way of living in the heart of the city, based on sustainable development, sound management, democracy and quality of life.
Where and when to vote?
Election day: April 29th
Early vote: April 22nd
For more information, visit Élections Montréal’s website.
This is a highly important campaign for Projet Montréal. We need your help ! You can get involved in many ways:
- By becoming a volunteer: going door-to-door, canvassing phone calls, distributing material, etc.;
- By posting a sign in front of your home;
- By inciting your friends, family, and acquaintances to go vote.
For more information on how to get involved, please contact Claudia Citta.
Find out more
- Rosemont – La Petite-Patrie mayor François W. Croteau accomplishments (in French)
- Press release announcing Érika Duchesne’s candidacy (in French)
Payé et autorisé par Carole Leroux, agent officiel de Projet Montréal.