Under the unifying and inclusive leadership of Gracia Kasoki Katahwa, the vision of the Côte-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grâce borough will be refocused on the well-being of families, the revitalization and greening of our streets, and the revitalization of commercial arteries to offer the population an inclusive, safe and pleasant neighbourhood. Access to housing, sustainable modes of transportation and transparency are at the heart of our priorities. By drawing on the seasoned experience of Magda Popeanu and Peter McQueen, and the fresh perspective of our dynamic team: Despina Sourias, Victor Armony and Jérémie Alarco, we are offering the borough’s residents a renewed vision of a neighbourhood on a human scale.
AN ADMINISTRATION THAT LISTENS TO ITS CITIZENS
- Create an annual participatory budget of $500,000
- Implement a pre-budget consultation process in the borough
- Make public the meetings of elected officials with lobbyists
- Set up sectoral round tables and support citizen committees
DEVELOP A ROADMAP FOR CARBON NEUTRALITY BY 2050
- Develop a local climate plan with a target of 55% GHG reduction by 2030
- Create an urban forest in the borough
- Improve the network of green alleys
- Plant 15,000 trees over 5 years to green surfaces and combat heat islands
- Green concrete dense areas of the Darlington District and the Décarie axis
- Purchase subcompact electric vehicles for the borough
- Support local zero waste initiatives
- Support initiatives and study proposals to cover the Decarie Expressway
- Increase traffic calming measures
PRIORITIZE HOUSING IN CÔTE-DES-NEIGES-NOTRE-DAME-DE-GRÂCE
- Make the Namur-Hippodrome site a mixed-use, carbon-neutral neighbourhood by promoting public and active transportation and developing at least 1,500 units of affordable and social housing respectively.
- Make the Empress Theatre development a reality by respecting the results of public consultations.
- Use the right of pre-emption to reserve space for the development of social and affordable housing, including student housing.
- Contribute to the financial arrangement of affordable and social housing projects as we did with the land next to the YMCA in NDG.
- Combat unsanitary housing by systematically monitoring buildings using indicators of unhealthy living conditions
- Work with non-profit organizations to upgrade and improve their rental housing units and to ensure proper upkeep of units.
- Support community actors who accompany tenants dealing with renovictions.
A BOROUGH FOR FAMILIES AND SENIORS
- Work with the SPVM and community organizations to strengthen residents' sense of security
- Adopt a local anti-poverty policy
- Implement new amenities and facilities, including basketball courts, a skatepark and dog parks
- Complete new green spaces such as Remembrance Road Park in CDN and Cliffs Park in NDG
- Completing the park on the grounds of the Notre-Dame-de-Grâce YMCA and providing universally accessible facilities for children of all ages
- Ensure universal accessibility and equitable access to services for all citizens
- Keeping commercial streets and parks clean
- Strengthen regulatory tools to reduce nuisances (noise, odours, etc.)
A VIBRANT AND DYNAMIC BOROUGH
- Support the creation of local merchants associations with financial support for three years
- Develop a revitalization and animation plan for commercial arteries such as Queen-Mary, Sherbrooke, Monkland, Van Horne and Somerled
- Implement an action plan to promote the temporary occupation of vacant premises
- Support the strengthening and expansion of MTL Wifi zones
- Increase the number of summer markets to sell local products.
- Protect heritage buildings
- Make CDN-NDG a 15-minute city to ensure access to all essential services (health, culture, food)